BTW – This has nothing to do with Web Design or SEO… Just Microsoft Office discovery that made my day!
Outlook 2010 Search Problem
If you have upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2010 with Windows 7 OS you may have noticed that your Outlook Email search isn’t working. You type in the name of an email sender you are looking for and ‘no results’. Well, after searching forums and blog posts around the Internet, I finally figured out the solution.
I am posting it here so that hopefully it will be come easy to find for people experiencing this problem.
Applies to: Windows 7 OS with upgrade of Office 2010 with Outlook from Office 2007 or 2003.
Outlook 2010 Search Problem Diagnosis: It appears that the dll file mssphtb.dll which was used for Windows Search Email Indexer in previous versions of Office, does not work.. or is simply unnecessary for Outlook 2010. I think the latter is the case. I honestly cannot find a straight answer to this, but I am guessing this is the case because the solution to make the email search work right leaves that dll add-in disabled. So I guess its not needed.
The main problem that seems to occur after upgrading from 2007 to outlook 2010 is that windows indexing service gets turned off. This probably occurs during the upgrade process for good reason, but the installation script does not turn it back on. Again, this is observational analysis only, I have no concrete testing results, so take it for what its worth.
Turn Windows Indexing Service back on. (eh hemm… duh)
1. Control Panel >> Programs >> Programs and Features >> Turn Windows Features on or off
2. Tick (check mark) the Indexing Service check box and hit OK
Thats it. You may want to restart your computer just for good measure. Once you are back up, you will need to wait for a while for the indexing service to Index everything (many hours), but after a short time (half hour) you can check your email search bar and find that some of your email is now showing in the search results.
Hope it works for you! If it does, TWEET IT!
ALSO SEE “Outlook 2007:none of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server” – another Outlook problem solved
For more information about SEO Hudson Valley NY, visit our main website.
Search this site
- Google Removal: Removing Files, Directories or Entire Websites
- Top SEO Tools Every Webmaster Should Have
- Switching from an iPhone to an Android Smartphone
- Google Analyticator Seems to be Broken
- More Fake Emails Poluting My Inbox – Fedex, TigerDirect, NewEgg, eFax
- Fake eFax emails – Corporate eFax message
- steve on Solution WordPress 3.x Permalinks Admin Showing Blank Page
- LauraL on Solution! Outlook 2007 – none of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by…
- bob on Solution! Outlook 2010 Search Not Working – Add-in mssphtb.dll Disabled
- nogods on Solution! Outlook 2010 Search Not Working – Add-in mssphtb.dll Disabled
- John on Solution WordPress 3.x Permalinks Admin Showing Blank Page
Tagsawards bandwidth best buy blogs browsers business captcha cheap hosting computer domains email hoax email security firefox Hosting ink internet mobile application testing outlook outlook 2007 performance test printer ink reviews scam screen protector search security small business websites software spam Top 10 best android market download folder for sale touch screen protector trick unlimited bandwidth unlimited hosting web business web content web design web design packages web hosting web hosting gimmick web security website website design packages windows wordpress